BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Mini-update


So the weather here in Cedar has been great but the other night while I was at work it started to rain and it wasn't just a sprinkle, it was just a straight downpour. We had to move the greenshow, the free show that is held out in front of the Adams Theater, inside along with the first act of Henry V. I volunteered to stay outside and help people get inside and get them pointed in the right direction. Well there was a tour bus full of elderly people that had come to see the show so I and my roommate helped the bus driver pull up out of the water, watch the video, so the people wouldn't slip and we helped them get over to the show. At one point or I should say several, I was hoping from the sidewalk to the street to help people cross the gutter and a few times I did get wet from almost slipping or the water splashing. Well I was helping this gentleman across the gutter and he had a bum leg and the best way for me to help him was to just put my foot in the gutter. I know no big deal but after you see the video you will understand. I got soaking wet, but got him across ok. After that I had to help set up rainstage, where everything that was outside goes inside, this included helping angry patrons and stocking playbills. After the play started the rain pretty much cleared up and the rest of the night went pretty smooth. I also got this cool picture of the Randall theater on my phone.

2 comments:

SeaJay said...

Wow that is some water going down the gutter. Sounds like your job is fun and you are enjoying it. Wish it was so far away I would love to come see one of the plays. Are you able to post pictures yet? Sure would love to see some you have been taking. Take care..........Hugs Aunt Connie

royce and pat said...

Sounds like work has been fun. I really like the picture from your phone. That is a good shot. Have fun.Love ya