BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

WOAH! It's already March!!!!

I know, I know,

Long time no blog. I have been pretty busy lately with all these projects that I have to do for my classes. But I am now starting to find a little bit more time now that I am getting fewer and fewer projects because of Spring Break and the fact that finals are almost here.
Spring Break starts this weekend, Saturday to Sunday with no homework will be heaven! I don't really have any plans for it though, however I am still in the planning process. I do know that I am going snowboarding again with some friends at least one last time for the season, but other than that I don't really have plans. Who knows maybe I will just go snowboarding every day with a different group of people or something, that could be fun.

School has been going pretty good I guess. My large format photography class is for sure my favorite this semester. I am shooting with film and I have to develop it myself in the dark room and the 4X5 camera is a whole new realm for me to learn but it has been fun. As soon as I get more time I am going to upload the pictures that I have taken in that class to my Flikr account and I will put them on the other blog too. The other studio class that I have is 3D Design, that has been a more challenging class but it has been good. For one of the projects that I had to do in there was to make a 7X7X7 inch cube out of cardboard and put some kind of object into it that would hold the form of the box. I decided to use chewed gum. Luckily my friends all pitched in and helped me chew all the gum. It took a lot more gum to fill the cube than you think and I even put a smaller cube in the middle so I wouldn't go broke buying gum. But all that chewing did me good, I got a good reaction from the class, lots of "ewwwwwwws" and "Aww sick!" That was by far the best project I did in that class, in fact it was so good my professor wanted to put it on display in one of the cases outside of the classroom and I figured that I would let him, everyone that I talked to about it was surprised that it was mine and they all told me how sick it was, that could have been because it was slowly starting to fall apart in the case and was making a mess so I had to throw it away the other day so the case could be cleaned.

As for this summer I have yet again got a job with the Shakespeare festival and I will be doing the same thing that I did last year. Ushering. But it is a job and it is a pretty good job at that, nothing really bad to complain about and I did meet some awesome people because of the festival. This year the 3 Shakespeare plays are
-Merchant of Venice
-Macbeth
and - Much Ado About Nothing.

well I am procrastinating some work so I really should get it done.
Till next time,
Austin

2 comments:

FRANK said...

I loved your cube story. The picture of it was great also. when you get your pictures to your flicker site, let us know so we can look at them. And yes, time does fly.

Frank and Connie

Dana said...

Ha ha! I'm cracking up thinking about you and your friends chewing all that gum. Paid off indeed. Have a great spring break.