BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

2 Yards


Ok all. Today has been an event packed one. This morning I woke up at 6 to join in the Sorrel 5K. I walked with a couple friends and a really nice lady that we met there. That doesn't sound so bad but when I finally got to bed it was 2:30. My own stupid action. lol. Well I had just enough time after the run that my roommate, myself, and a friend came back and made pancakes for breakfast. They were really good but I just couldn't eat more than 2. After breakfast I was in the homecoming parade and just walked and held a banner. Lots of fun.

Then the fun started. I was at the tailgate party and was just handing out more shirts but I was enjoying it more this time. I got my face painted as you can see in the picture, and went to the football game. That was fun but a HUGE disappointment.

We started the game pretty even 0-0 until about the second quarter when the other team got the field goal for 3. Following that they got a touch down and PAT but we came back with a TD and PAT. We stayed there for a little bit when we had a miracle play and got ahead by one point. We were in the 4th quarter and we all thought the game was over when..oops, fumble here and punt there. They got up another TD.
Depressed we tried and tried when we finally got to the goal line with 30 seconds left and 2 yards to go for the tying TD and point winning PAT. Our QB ran back and threw his first pass. interception but lucky for us he was out of bounds when he caught it. We then tried a run play. We lost yards. So once again the QB threw a pass. It was right there in the receivers hands when... he wasn't quite tall enough but the guy behind him was. Interception. We lost the game by a full TD and one bad play. I have no voice, my face is painted still, and yet no homecoming win.

Oh well I guess there is always next year.

Austin

1 comments:

royce and pat said...

Sounds like a fun packed day. bet your a little tired now. Glad you are having fun and getting involved. It is a great experience. Cant wait to see you
love Mom