BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Flag Football


Hey all,

Here is a mid-week update.

This week has been pretty good. Not a lot of work and not to busy.
This week I don't have any classes on Friday. :) lucky me. My 2-D design professor has a convention that he has to go to so he canceled class on Friday and my photography class is only meeting with half the class for critiquing pictures and my class did it today.

Now I don't think I have talked about this but I signed up with a few of my roommates and joined an inter mural flag football team. we have played 2 games . Our second game was today and the other team was just ridiculous. They started off with illegal block for flag football with basketball screens. I don't know how you get those two sports confused but they did it. Well one kid on the other team was rushing our quarterback so a teammate and I were defending him at the snap. This kid was about 2 of me tall and built solid. The way he kept rushing me was illegal for flag football. It was called bull rushing. I don't know. But the one time he did it he knocked me to the ground, no big deal, 5 yard penalty in our favor and I didn't think twice about it until I started to walk a little bit on my foot. I got me a nice bruise on my ankle and the picture doesn't do it much justice but you can see the bruise inside the yellow circle.

Just wanted to give a small update :)

Austin

5 comments:

Harden Family said...

Glad to see some pics on your Blog,we enjoy all the football talk. it sounds like you're having a good time. don't forget we are still waiting to see a picture of your litlle girlie friend.

royce and pat said...

Now I don't just have to worry about you doing your school work I have to worry about sports injuries. What is a mother to do. Glad you're involved it makes college life great
Mom

Tanika Lee said...

Awe! That is so sad! Although from the story you told me--I STILL can't believe they didn't even have enough in them for a safety. I am sorry you got hurt. :(

Dana said...

Eeeeouch - that football game will rough ya up! :) So fun to read about your college adventures.

Summer said...

So... I think you should post pics you take for school and for class.. or maybe make a side blog that's just for your photography pics.. you can just connect it to this one.. That would be AWESOME. Also I just bought a camera.. and I have NO CLUE how to use it.. when you have time you should maybe email me some pointers or websites or something that might help?
Oh yeah.. can you say OUCH?! well you probably did right.. k this is the longest comment EVER. bye now haha